• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent
    Despite her nerves and discomfort, Sickle can’t help the way her eyes roll a little at his responding question and a small smile tugs at the corner of her mouth. “Yes, duh.” She had figured that out pretty quick as soon as she had been told Mazikeen was her mother. It hadn’t been at the top of the things she had thought about but, eventually, when her mind had quieted a little bit she had remembered a fellow shapeshifter that told her who his aunt was.

The smile fades though, and she looks quickly away as her unease rises back through her. She’s not really sure what to say now - she’d thought Bolder might have been a little more surprised.

But maybe he, like everyone else, knew her parentage before she did.

“I don’t…” Sickle keeps her attention forward, the foothills and slopes and the long journey it’s sure to be to cross through it all. “I don’t want to be their daughter.” She admits, and she thinks it’s the first time she’s said it out loud. She wants nothing to do with either Gale or Mazikeen, she wants to go back to the life where she and Malik and Wishbone had lived in peace in Tephra.

But that time is getting farther and farther away - it was such a small moment, really. That little blip of peace right at the beginning.

A frown deepens across Sickle’s features for a moment before a happier thought worms its way in, brightening her gaze a little and now she finally turns to Bolder - frightened and filled with such hope. “But I hear I have a sister.”
    SICKLE

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by Sickle - 02-10-2022, 08:07 PM