• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent

Bolder moves his gaze back to his cousin’s face, pleased to find the beginning of a smile there. He remembers mentioning it – that he was being tutored in the ways of shapeshifting by his Aunt Mazikeen. There were probably more revelations for Sickle upon learning that the Alpha was her birth mother than realizing her relation to him, but the young Pegasus finds himself glad to see that he hasn’t been entirely forgotten. It makes him even more glad to see the way her tension eases away, even if it lasts only for a moment.

Being a creature that changes often, he follows Sicke’s shift in mood as she glances away, and considers taking a step towards the rounding trail home towards Hyaline. It could be the thing they both need to keep moving forward, but her comment forces Bolder to pause. She didn’t want to be the daughter of either Mazikeen or Gale; a copper ear swivels to the side where she stands and Bolder turns his thick neck to peer at the young mare.

He understands partially where it regards her sire (that hits close to home). Gale had abandoned Hyaline and the Pack years ago to pursue notoriety in Tephra instead. But his Aunt – despite the way she had changed through those years - would always have a defender in her nephew. Contemplating his own beginnings, Bolder turned to look towards the Hyalinean trail ahead. ”My father used to bring to me to your mother when I first began to change.”

The wind whips past them, rustling his auburn feathers lightly and the sun’s rays glinted of his gold stripes. ”He wanted me to learn to control it so that I could hide it.” Briefly, his ears flick back and even the warm tone he uses with Sickle chills for a moment. There is more he might say – even revealing in those early homesick days away from Taiga that he pretended his Aunt and Uncle were actually his parents – but he refrains because Bolder understands what it is like to be born one place and belong in another.

That will have to be something Sickle decides for herself.

”But,” the young stallion speaks again before taking a confident step and then another towards Hyaline, ”You do have a sister.” His voice warms at the mention of the young palomino and finally looking back over his winged shoulder, his expression does as well to see Sickle brightening again. ”Her name is Myrna!” Bolder calls out, leaving the implication (and the trail space beside him) open that he knew more, his newfound cousin only need to ask.

@Sickle this was written at work so if nothing makes sense, im sorry lmao

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by bolder - 02-15-2022, 10:52 AM