• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent
    When Bolder answers her question, Sickle’s momentarily confused - and then she realizes what happened and laughs softly as she keeps pace with her cousin. “I asked what is she like, not what she likes - dummy.” Teasing him brings her back to her old self a little bit, the one who had existed back in Tephra before her reality had started to splinter. “But that’s good to know she likes pretty things.” Should she bring Myrna a present when she first meets her? It is a thought that had not occurred to Sickle before and it troubles her right up until Bolder asks what she likes.

The young iridescent mare is quiet for a moment, thinking it over - trying to remember the points in her life when she was happy. “I like to swim. My friend… she lives in a pond in the woods and I’ve been staying with her mostly ever since…” Sickle trails off - but she’s not feeling particularly charitable towards Bolder’s image of Mazikeen at the moment so she continues after a pause. “Well, since Mazikeen tried to kidnap me and then the Pampas, where my previous kidnappers were keeping me, drowned.” There’s no bite to her words, however bitter she feels, and though Sickle may have intended on starting out by treating it like she could be casual about this, her voice gets small and she frowns, falling another step behind Bolder so her face is less easy to watch.

It’s so easy for happiness to be fleeting. That moment where she teased Bolder slips away no matter how quickly she tries to scramble her mind back there.

She tries to think of something else that she likes - something to carry them both back to that brief moment where they weren’t talking about their parents or Sickle wasn’t feeling guilty about the weight of her own sadness. But her mind comes up empty and so she remains sullen and silent as she continues to walk behind Bolder.
    SICKLE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by Sickle - 03-13-2022, 03:02 PM