• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My eyes can't believe what they have seen; Any

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Her anger fights hard against his happiness but even at such a young age, his powers are strong. There is such a warmth that exudes from his smile, the brightness in his eyes, and it seeps beneath her frozen skin and brushes lovingly against those frenzied parts of her. Her anger is shocked to stillness, still there but confused. The stars around her suddenly turn to lovely shades of brilliant gold and she exhales sharply, feeling a strange sense of calmness despite the weight of her ordeal that still balances precariously across her sharp shoulders.

He says he knows glaciers and her heart flutters anxiously as she looks down at him, concern on her face. He thinks he was born from a glacier, that it’s his mother, and her heart aches for him. It doesn’t occur to her that he’s not simply a child confused, that he’s telling the truth. She knew Leilan could work incredible magics but to make a colt out of the ice… It seemed a desperate act to have a child.

Despite her own longing for the son she had lost, one she painfully feels now that she can feel something other than unbridled rage, she doesn’t think she would ever do the same. Somewhere, a bored Dark God laughs. Shuddering at the passing thought of this small colt locked in ice like she had been, her muzzle ruffles his short mane in an absentminded protective action. One she takes to soothe herself more than him.

“I can’t walk on water.” She says with a small laugh, the sound still so foreign and strange coming from her. “I can fly though.” She reminds him, a flutter of her starlit wings against him as her feathers tickle against his side. Glancing around them, she knows this is not a safe place for a young child to be wandering on his own with no supervision. If this was Leilan’s child, she makes a note of reminding him of the fact. Remembering how she came to be in the ice and that somewhere out there, the Curse still lingered.

She wasn’t ready to face the Isle, to see Nash or Leilan for that matter. Yet the thought of this happy colt being ripped apart… “How about I take you back to your Dad?” She finally asks him quietly, her stars flickering back between red and gold as her anger begins to push back against the happiness he inflicts. “We can help each other.” She finally adds as she finds her hooves and stands on weak legs. There is not much she can do if the Curse or some other big bad shows it’s head with her in this state but she could at least give the boy a fighting chance at escape and keep an eye on him until he was back under his father’s protection.

It’s the little protection she can offer at this point, all she has to give.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Jokull

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My eyes can't believe what they have seen; Any - by Ciri - 03-02-2022, 02:40 PM