• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hope brings her back

appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

She’s getting better at venturing slightly farther from the water, though only just. She can still hear the river behind her as she ventures into the forest today, finding herself somewhat mesmerized by these things called trees. It reminds her of the kelp forests, in a way, and yet not at all. There is nothing quite like it underwater, at least not in her piece of it. The kelp is hardly so tall and strong, instead drifting slightly with the current. It is imposing in its own way, certainly, at least to those who do not know how to navigate it, but it pales in comparison to this forest.

It is the trees that bring her farther from the shore, though her ears stay attuned to the sound of the running river behind her. She is careful not to lose that, careful not to venture too far onto land. The last thing she needs is to end up lost on dry land and wither away like the fish out of water she is. She might look like a horse, but she was not the same as these land creatures and she did not truly belong up here.

Still, there was something a bit wonderful about being able to visit somewhere new.

She’s been on a land a number of times now, growing more accustomed to it in a way she never had previously. There’d never been much reason in her old world to venture out of the water. Nowhere to go and nothing to see, certainly. Here though, it was an adventure, and part of her feels like a little girl again. To be certain, she is anything but, though the excitement is real and tangible. She is hesitant too, though not in the way Tsilutsuli was hesitant. She should be, but Rezza cannot help but look for possibility here rather than fear. It is this hope that brings her back to the land again and again, trying to find whatever it is that might be worth hoping about.

REZZA

Photo by Alice Alinari

@Colby ...I don't think you tossed up a starter yet, but if you did and I missed it just point me at it and I'll go reply there, lol.

Messages In This Thread
    hope brings her back - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 02:33 PM
    RE: hope brings her back - by Tumult - 02-06-2022, 07:04 PM
    RE: hope brings her back - by Rezza - 02-16-2022, 10:38 AM
    RE: hope brings her back - by Tumult - 03-07-2022, 02:50 PM
    RE: hope brings her back - by Rezza - 03-17-2022, 12:50 PM