• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  There's a voice and its trying to drag me down
    Don't look back, nothing left to see
    I can feel you though, Wake me from this dreamin'
    He had stared into the sea on the little stretch of land that remained of the South, what remained of Loess, the few spires and flat red tops of canyons that acted as islands now. He gazed out into the orange sky, the sun already dipping towards the waves and accenting them with a tangerine tint, where the Pampas had once been. Of that, there was nothing to show. No wildflowers peeked from beneath the water, no trees broke through the surface. As if there had never been a place where he had once looked out to watch storms, where he had raced against the wind and fate itself with Revelrie, where he had played constant pranks on Steve. As if there had never been the grave of a girl, the burnt remains of his mother, as if none of it had ever happened. As if it had never been home.

There was nothing. Nothing but the gentle lapping of water against rock, the stench of salt and brine, nothing but endless ocean that seemed to stretch for eternity.

As always, his expression was one of indifference. Life flickered behind the depths of red that bore into the calm briny deep but whatever the dark Fae was thinking was kept purely to himself. Unreadable to those that didn’t know him best. He stays until the last golden light fades and then he moves on, utterly silent and drifting just as he had done all those years ago. When he had belonged nowhere. He meanders to the meadow, black and gold tendrils stirring lazily against his broad neck with the gentle spring breeze, and turns his crimson view to where he had once frolicked with fairies. They were long gone, had been silent to him for ages, and he drifts again for there is nothing left for him here either.

It is easy to find the band of Will o’ Wisps, their light beckons to him as they break away from each other and dance across the surface of the river, looking for unsuspecting prey to lure into the strong currents. He quietly watches them from his place on the muddy bank and then one breaks away in his direction. It moves with ferocity and finally a faint smile appears on his dark mouth as the glow from the creature envelops him with its hazy brightness. “My Prince.” The Wisp whispers. “My Light.” He responds and there is a hint of relief laced within those two words.

For awhile they quietly regard each other. “You were gone a long time my Prince. Your kingdom has fallen.” The ball of light finally says, hovering uncertainly before his head. “I know.” Comes the calm reply, raising his muzzle to the Wisp and then tucking it to his star covered chest. “Did any survive?” He finally asks. There is uncertainty in the movements from the fairylight and the missing Prince of the Pampas sighs. “I could feel you but I couldn’t reach you.” Light says after another pregnant pause. “Where were you my Prince?” He shifts slightly, a muscle jumping in his jaw as his pointed ears flick backwards. “I’m not sure. I believe we are about to find out though…” Arching his neck, he turns his handsome face towards the shadows from where he had come. “Aren’t we Cheri?”

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    There's a voice and its trying to drag me down - by Obscene - 01-31-2022, 03:45 PM