• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none?

Lillibet

“Neither have I,” but she had heard of it plenty, and sometimes she wonders who will be the first that she must visit on those desolate sands after their soul has left their body. She hopes that it won’t be Link. And she hopes, for Fyr’s sake, that it won’t be Aela. Her face softens and the inquisitive glint in her golden eyes goes away as she drops the subject. There would be other days to think on the Ruins and the Beach. For now, they have the whole of Pangea laid out before them to explore, and hardly anyone else in the territory to ruin their good time.

Her playful pout is well-received and the resulting roil of his flames, both in the floating balls around her and across his back, licks orange light across the glow of her ivory face. Maybe I would. An amused grin breaks the surface of her pout and Lillibet sighs exaggeratedly as she pivots her lithe ethereal frame to stand at Fyr’s moonlit side. He tilts his head knowingly and she returns his gaze with confidence. “Secrets?” She begins to walk back across the dusted firma and towards the nearby maw of the canyon before looking back over her shoulder at the fire-wielder. “What makes you think an angel like myself could have secrets?”

She chooses a narrow entrance that would force Fyr to walk behind her, but only initially. The tight walls of the canyon pathway soon open up and sprawl out into a wide valley sluiced by Pangea’s only river where Lillibet halts her meandering and waits for the stallion to join her. Her glow splashes against the lazy flow of the water and the smoothed, weather-worn rocks at its banks. A fairly relentless breeze accosts them, whipping the young woman’s lilac-tinted tresses into a tousled mess, though she remains warm enough with the help of her companion.

As she waits for him to come to rest at her side, she wonders ─ what secrets did she hold that he may want to possess? The only thing that comes to mind is the hot acid that roils in her stomach in the presence of his magic ─ any magic ─ when she truly takes a moment to think about it. The hot envy never ceases, though sometimes it’s easy to forget about when they have other things to talk about.

A coy smile finds her lips as she gifts Fyr a golden side-eye. “Do you like it here so far, Fyr?”

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none? - by Lillibet - 02-10-2022, 12:54 PM