• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  rain dog

Stargaze knew that there was more to life than being pretty, but she could not deny that she never grew tired of being told that she was. Her mother was beautiful, but more than that, Starsin was smart, and she knows her mother would say she would rather be known for being cunning than being pretty, if she had to choose. Thankfully, I don’t have to choose, her mother would laugh with one of her cutting smiles. But Stargaze does not quite possess the same edge as her mother. She isn’t necessarily kinder, but her gifts are different, and less suitable for prying what she wants from others against their will.

She always finds a way, though, but once again examining the man in front of her, she isn’t entirely sure what she wants from him quite yet.

“I’d remind you that flattery gets you nowhere, but that is rarely the case with me,” she teases again,and  this time she carefully steps through the cattails in order to get closer to him, ignoring the way they carve delicate designs into the frost of her skin as they brush against her. “I love compliments,” she finishes with another coquettish smile, followed by a nonchalant roll of her shoulder. “Guess I’m shallow.”

“You weren’t intruding,” she reassures him as her gaze follows his own to the cattails, and the paths that snake through them and lead off to the rest of Beqanna. “I was just walking. And I’m always alone, so that part wasn’t really anything special.” Returning her bright blue eyes to his, she tilts her head, asking him pointedly, “What were you doing alone creeping through the cattails?”

S T A R G A Z E

Messages In This Thread
    rain dog - by adrius - 02-03-2022, 06:13 PM
    RE: rain dog - by Stargaze - 03-01-2022, 11:22 PM
    RE: rain dog - by adrius - 03-04-2022, 02:17 AM
    RE: rain dog - by Stargaze - 03-07-2022, 02:59 PM
    RE: rain dog - by adrius - 04-04-2022, 08:58 PM
    RE: rain dog - by Stargaze - 04-24-2022, 05:25 PM