• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know who you wanted me to be
    Beyza
    Today is the first day Beyza has ventured outside Ischia in a while. The obsessive need to hide away herself and her daughters has faded, but it is all too easy to lose herself in the pleasant tropical paradise she calls her home and practice her magic there. All too easy to lose track of the days and seasons and years.

And also the wider world seems less dark and daunting now that her mothers are both back in it.

There is a desire to go to Hyaline and to track down Agetta as well, to see their familiar faces and take comfort in them, but Beyza’s thoughts stop drifting to the east when she passes through Tephra and finds that there is a wide, watery channel where the southern lands used to be.

She had noticed the earthquake, of course, but that had been about where her interest had stopped. She had not thought to be curious about what else could have happened and now she feels frustrated with her past self for that oversight. Here was an undoubtedly magic, interesting thing and she had been more focused on practicing wielding her magic so the sun didn’t burn the soft white skin of her nose.

A narrow strip of land has survived, connecting Tephra to the rest of Beqanna, but Beyza doesn’t use that to cross. She had been practicing walking on water to get between the different islets that made up her home - and she does so now. Adjusting to the current after a few steps - like walking over small grassy knolls that move.

The sunlight glitters on the surface of the water around her and she alternates keeping an eye on the forest looming ahead on the new shore, and looking beneath her hooves to see if she can spy any of the features of the lands that once existed here.

open to any!

Messages In This Thread
    I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-04-2022, 05:10 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-14-2022, 10:25 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:14 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 03-06-2022, 12:00 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 12:28 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 04-16-2022, 10:40 PM