• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know who you wanted me to be
    Beyza
    It takes more concentration to walk over water than it does over land, so Beyza easily gets lost in the constant use of her magic. She enjoys this - the exercising of her powers, seeing what she can do when no one is harmed. The ocean will remain unaffected by her passage.

As she crosses the channel, she becomes aware that there is someone using the land bridge nearby, and curiosity interrupts her determined focus. Surprise and then delight flash through her, though there’s little indication of either on her face. She does not hesitate to alter her direction - her white hooves lifting off of the ocean and, with a small burst of unnatural speed, Beyza floats over to the golden mare.

She lands nearby, her legs taking a short moment to adjust to the rigidity of the hard-packed earth in comparison to the air and water she had just been travelling on moments ago.

“Aela.” Beyza’s greeting is accompanied by a small but warm smile. It’s been years since they last saw each other - not since Beyza called canyons instead of paradise her home. And not since Aela was much shorter than she was - still a filly, communicating only through thoughts. Now it is a mare she approaches and the white magician feels her curiosity bubble up within her.

What has her young friend’s life been like?

This isn’t the question she asks just yet though - instead choosing something a little more mundane. A question that is expected when two friends meet after a long time, but still one she genuinely wants to know the answer to. “How have you been?” Beyza’s magic instinctively brushes a request against the mind of the other - the opportunity to help Aela project her thoughts to speak. Not knowing that verbal communication has since become something the other mare is quite capable of.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-04-2022, 05:10 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-14-2022, 10:25 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:14 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 03-06-2022, 12:00 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 12:28 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 04-16-2022, 10:40 PM