• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know who you wanted me to be
    Beyza
    Beyza’s expression hardens slightly when she sees the memory linked to Aela’s knowledge of her move from Pangea - the familiar dappled grey stallion. A friend of her mother’s - and the grandfather to her daughters. She carefully keeps her own memories locked up, the ones tied to that family were better left untouched.

She doesn’t remark on it further and since their conversation moves on, she allows herself to be easily distracted by other things. Beyza considers Aela’s question about Ischia for a moment before shaking her head. ‘Not so much, really. A few more faces to be seen in the water, perhaps.’ The Baltians were a strange lot, though even the appearance of that other civilization had not been enough to stir Beyza from her strange little retirement.

A threat to Ischia may do just that but for now, she remained content and did not mind being so.

Aela apologizes for the time that has stretched between their meetings and though Beyza does not audibly repeat the sentiment, there is a warmth in her smile when the golden mare steps forward to touch her cheek.

It is good to be reminded that she does have friends.

She’s surprised to hear about Aela’s move to the Pampas - wondering what had been there before the flowers had drowned - and even more surprised about the move back north. Had Aela also mellowed out with aging, or had she been drawn back into the north for other reasons? All the other kingdoms seemed to have had their share of drama lately, perhaps it was time for the same in those colder regions as well. ‘Why north instead of back east? Or west?’ Was it simply the fact that her brother was king? Or had something else drawn her there? There were still plenty of lands not under water and she did not get the impression that Aela chose at random.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-04-2022, 05:10 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-14-2022, 10:25 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:14 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 03-06-2022, 12:00 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 12:28 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 04-16-2022, 10:40 PM