• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we've become echoes but echoes fade away, fyr
    i can’t stop you putting roots in my dreamland--

She has kept to the common lands, or at least, what she has deduced are common lands. The other lands she has observed from the sky, but some unnamable caution had kept her from touching down. The initial exhilaration of discovering this place had worn off, and reason had slowly taken its place. The realization that perhaps strangers were not welcome in the kingdoms had settled in her mind, and now she could not shake it. 

She had tried to leave. Had taken to the skies, only to find that the clouds led her in circles, and that every spot of land she discovered after flying for what seemed like hours across the glittering surface of the sea ended up being this same place, over and over again.

Allaire is not sure what kind of force is keeping her here, and while she tried to swallow away that trapped feeling, all it did was sit like a stone at the bottom of her chest. 

For now, she lingers on the edge of the meadow. The sun had slowly begun to sink behind the hills, the heat of the summer gradually cooling off to a more tolerable temperature. At least, it would have, if she was not treading along that area where rolling meadow gave way into sand. She had flown across this red waste of desert before, had seen the canyons and the winding river from above, and of all the places here, it intrigued her the most. Beqanna, from what she had seen, was mostly lush and beautiful, but this place—the one she stares at from just across the invisible border—seemed harsh, unforgiving.

In the dying day the light that trails behind her as she moves glimmers like a beacon, shimmering along the edges of her blush-pink wings. When she catches movement from the corner of her eye she grows still, turning her pale head to find the face of a stranger, and her heart leaps into her throat.

-- my house of stone, your ivy grows, and now i’m covered in you

allaire.

@Fyr

Messages In This Thread
    we've become echoes but echoes fade away, fyr - by Allaire - 02-07-2022, 06:30 PM