• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Life where death abides.

Lillibet

Lillibet’s itinerant wandering has grown limited in the months since she declared Pangea her home. The weeks following Sylva’s fall into the sea had called for frantic searching, and then with the ebb and flow of her grief came the fatigue. Her searching had slowed, had drifted to the back of her mind, until she had made the canyon wasteland hers. What is the point now, to continue searching nearly a year after the disappearance of her family? There is no place in Beqanna that she had not investigated, and no one had seen or heard of the missing trio since the South had disappeared beneath the tumultuous sea.

She knows she is not the only one missing someone from the Southern kingdom, and it’s Fyr that lingers in Lillibet’s mind as she lazes around the Field with half-hearted hopes of coming across any of them: Link, Oceane, Ledger, Aela.

But the field is quiet for now, though there’s still time. The day is young. The rising sun meanders at the horizon, dawn prolonged for a few quiet minutes before the rays splash orange across the common land. It plays against the preternatural glow of Lillibet’s ivory coat and, nearby, the champagne dun of a stranger she hadn’t previously noticed. Lillibet’s honeyed eyes watch the woman for a moment, assessing the curve of her double horns and the ruby of her eyes before deciding to move closer through the long verdant grasses.

The little bird that had caught the stranger’s eye flits by Lillibet on its way through, singing its lilting song. The Pangean sovereign smiles as her gaze connects with the other woman’s, though there are hints of her fatigue that linger on the edges of her gold-flecked eyes.

“Good morning,” she says quietly to avoid rupturing the peace in the field, “I’m Lillibet. Are you new to Beqanna?”

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    Life where death abides. - by Lanore - 02-15-2022, 12:09 AM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lillibet - 02-19-2022, 09:10 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lanore - 02-19-2022, 11:46 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:59 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lillibet - 03-02-2022, 02:07 PM