• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Life where death abides.

She leaves the North behind her one early autumn morning and it brightens her more than the prospect of a new day.

Aela had hoped by coming here, she might gather fresh news. The Calamity - or the Sinking of the South - was old history by now. Most horses knew of the event and they all seemed to make a claim of it. (’I knew a mare that lived in Loess. We grazed together once.’ ’Well I knew two horses from Loess.’)

It wasn’t reiterating that history that she was interested in.

If her scoundrel of a half-brother, Wherewolf, had survived the flooding, it gave Aela the certain proof she needed that others from the Brilliant Pampas had as well. The Ruins hadn’t yielded any more flotsam. She had been surprised to find Beyza - a face from her Pangean past - near the River; and then she had been disappointed to find nothing in the Forest. So she had turned her lovely blue eyes to where herds of horses congregated in hopes of finding a future.

The sun was barely over the horizon, and while Aela has always enjoyed an early start, there were many still tucked safely in the lingering shadows. Her slender head lifted, glancing about as she scanned the open landscape. A pair of mares caught her attention, one horned and another striped; nothing about them seemed unusual (but then, there was nothing about Aela that marked her as unusual either). Moving deftly through the Field, she approached quickly enough to hear the ruby-eyed mare stammer.

Was it from the shock of arriving in Beqanna? Or was she like Aela, having to find a voice after years of silence?

"You two are up early,” she says, stopping nearby and then smiles as if she knew a secret. "Not causing trouble, I hope?”

@Lillibet
    @Lanore im the worst and i take forever but i finally got a reply up!

Messages In This Thread
    Life where death abides. - by Lanore - 02-15-2022, 12:09 AM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lillibet - 02-19-2022, 09:10 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lanore - 02-19-2022, 11:46 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:59 PM
    RE: Life where death abides. - by Lillibet - 03-02-2022, 02:07 PM