• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  thats all i know so far
    The days had begun to shorten and Areane began to keep track of them as she flew. She still had a few hours of daylight left and she meant to make the most of them before grounding herself for the night. Though she was passing her third year, she had been a late flier and then the shock of losing Loess had kept her wings firmly shut for another year. 

She was testing her endurance today, seeing how far she could make it before returning to her nest near Tephra. Determined to make it atleast to the Meadow, Areane kept pushing herself to flap harder, to move faster through the air. It had been an easier thing to do at the beginning of her journey and as she soared (uneasily) over the landbridge that had once been part of her home, the young pegasi knew she wouldn’t make it that far. 

Not yet. 
    Not today. 

Her slim sides heaved and a lather of sweat had darkened her neck. She would have preferred to land in a more open spot but as her wings grew heavy, Areane decided that a small clearing near the River would have to do. Veering towards the ground, she passed through the outreaching branches of a White Oak. A few of its leaves had begun to turn a bright red and two managed to snag themselves in the wild tangle of her dark mane and one against the blue-black of her feathers. When Areane landed, she turned her spotted face and began to shake out her wing. 

It clung there, determined, and Areane, equally as determined to preen it out, reached for it with a flash of brilliant white teeth, momentarily oblivious to everything else. 

@Link

Messages In This Thread
    thats all i know so far - by Areane - 02-19-2022, 10:28 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Link - 03-01-2022, 01:41 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Areane - 03-07-2022, 08:19 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Link - 03-07-2022, 09:51 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Areane - 03-12-2022, 07:06 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Link - 03-15-2022, 01:09 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Areane - 03-16-2022, 08:12 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Link - 03-22-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Areane - 04-04-2022, 07:33 PM
    RE: thats all i know so far - by Link - 04-06-2022, 09:57 PM