• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know who I am when I'm alone; Ethenia
    "i don't care for your sweet scent or,

the way you want me more than i want you"

In her past life, she had not been ordinary. Though she remembers little of it, she knows she had been something else. Something that needed to leave. Here, everyone is something else—she thought this would keep her safe. Now, in her respective plainness, she is once again something else. Something weaker. The outsider. 

Ethenia’s dreams had always been startlingly vivid. Since coming to Beqanna, they have changed, shifted and evolved into something entirely different.  No longer flashing images or fragments of memories, now lies a message within, a secret language she cannot decipher. 

Sweat glistens along her silver body as she wakes with a start. A figure she could not make out was just behind her—wasn’t it? Ethenia hoists herself to her feet, heart thrumming out against her ribcage as she stumbles forward a step, starry-eyed and somewhat dazed. Slowly she regains her senses, remembers she had been with Eadoin—that he agreed to accompany her (to where, they were uncertain).  Breathing a sigh of relief, her blurred gaze at last meets the pale grey figure on the other side of a tree. Her heart stills. 

An endless succession of sleep-encumbered steps carries her deer-like body forward. The mare slowly winds around the obstacle, delicately brushes against him. “I thought I had lost you,” she sings. She pauses at once when she feels feathers.  A dream within a dream? Her thoughts swirl around her, she is spinning in space. Eadoin had already convinced her he was neither angel nor demon. She tilts her head and spills the strewn forelock from her eyes; she does not recognize this tangled mane, these rough and feral features. It only serves to fuel to the fire of her confusion. “Oh,” she exhales, not quite knowing true fear or she may have startled backward a measure. Instead, she takes a slow, small step to put space between them, “What are you?” the whisper blooms from her lips in abated curiosity. 

-- ethenia. --

it was an honest mistake

@Ashhal

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know who I am when I'm alone; Ethenia - by Ethenia - 02-25-2022, 02:34 AM