• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my bad habits lead to you

The old fire is in there, flickering. The old wants and desires to upend this world, to play a part in the machinations of making it spin and being one of the deciding factors of how it turns is still one of Aela’s many goals. But, fate had something different in mind than the golden woman standing before Reave. Chaos and devastation had come (and while there was still a part of her that marveled in the destruction in the sinking of an entire kingdom), but the price had been a heavy one.

All her years working in the Pampas – cultivating and creating - and just when it had been really beginning to thrive, all of that was gone. And here she was, beginning again in a mostly empty territory. Perhaps she was foolish to be starting over, but there was never another choice for Aela. She refused to fade into the thralls of Time. She would be more, even if that meant living in Taiga, co-habitating in that same territory with Obscene and Cheri, and Wherewolf’s biting temper.

They were all essential in their own way, and Aela refused to allow anything to sway them from that path.

Her pale lips quirk in quiet affirmation to what Reave says. It isn’t so much a change of heart as much as her determination to see what was rightly hers returned to her. ”If only I were so fortunate,” Aela murmurs to her brother with an exaggerated sigh. Perhaps, eventually, a visit to Gale could be added to the agenda. (Reave’s knowledge that the former King of Hyaline and Tephra was different certainly piques her curiosity, but she has no desire to be ripped apart a second time and there was always the chance that Gale might prove useful later on. It’d be best not to reduce him to tears just yet.)

Tilting her lovely head away from the pale blue sky, Aela glances sidelong back to Reave. He intended to take back Craft and Anatomy. He had tried before and had been unsuccessful, but the slender palomino can’t help herself; she gives him that small half-smile of approval for his tenacity. Mazikeen was well-known as a fierce (and accomplished) Alliance contender. ”Very ambitious,” the golden mare asks, not bothering to hide the conspiratorial glint in her blue-eyed gaze. ”Is there anything in particular I should be keeping my eyes on?”

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-07-2022, 09:54 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 09:40 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-12-2022, 09:09 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 09:36 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-17-2022, 03:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:55 AM