• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m falling under again | Aela
    “I’m half-dead walking.” She felt the need to remind her companion with a sarcastic laugh. “Unless those missing friends of yours are somewhere between here and the landbridge, I won’t be much help finding them.”

Going East was out of the question.

As if to prove her point, the appaloosa hag teetered off along the weathered trail. She was slowly headed for the outer edges of Beqanna’s ancient forests; the ones that used to border Loess. Maybe Aela knew the exact location of the Landbridge - and that was fine - but Cheri more or less assumed that everything west of the treeline was a beach. She didn’t need Aela to guide her toward obvious destinations, just like Aela didn’t need Cheri to flip over every rock in Beqanna.

They both needed the quick route.

If they were wanting to find someone’s whereabouts, Cheri couldn’t think of a better option than spellcasting. The magic itself was as direct as a crow learning how to swim: pure clairvoyance (or what the pegasus knew of it, anyways) required incredible skill. It was a stronger magic than most.

But they could always aim lower - limited sight outside of the “normal” means was something Aela should be extremely familiar with. Cheri as well; she and Obscene’s former lover had more than a similar interest in common, didn’t they? Or was the green-eyed mare wrong to think Aela a true descendant of the greater empaths?

“I don’t know any Clairvoyants.” Cheri admitted. “But that’s the kind of magic we need right now. Strong, concentrated energy… at the very least a puff of visionary smoke.”

Unlike their ancestors who had to unlock or be born into power, now they knew all kinds of sorcery and curses could be passed, shared, or even transferred willingly from one being to another.

Aela was powerful, wasn’t she? And Cheri… well, the once-mythic creature now looked like a cart horse with a face full of rocks, however she did have a bit of Obscene’s energy to give if Aela wished. Between the two of them, something like a puff of smoke should be manageable.

“We can try to source the magic between us if you’re in a hurry, if not you’ll have to wait until I regain some strength to help out.” Cheri reasoned.

@Aela

OOC: I figured instead of replying to the Ruins thread, I’d just start a new one - and you get a phone post because of reasons.

Messages In This Thread
    I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 02-28-2022, 12:26 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-14-2022, 09:04 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 08:15 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-21-2022, 05:56 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 01:13 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 04-08-2022, 09:49 PM