• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m falling under again | Aela

Aela hadn’t known what to expect with them coming together like this. She has wondered thoughts like these a thousand times. It had been that drive to fill the Pampas with the most talented and gifted individuals Beqanna had to offer for a moment like this. So that they might pool different powers together to see what the outcomes might be. To understand the barriers of Magic, and perhaps a chance to better understand the laws that made them.

She had just never imagined that when her chance would come, that it would be with the mare that Aela had considered a rival.

But the slender palomino had never been one to waste an opportunity, and despite Cheri’s weakened state, together they became a powerful force. It was intoxicating; the surge of potent magic all around them gave Aela a strange aura. The chaos all around caused the whites of her eyes to show and yet, despite the way her golden skin quivered at all the strange sensations surrounding them, the Empath never moved away from where she stood. Her bright, bold gaze held on to the vibrant green of the dark mare directly across from her.

The fires all around them continued to burn. They crackled and spit angry sparks into the storm-filled air. And then, when the crystals adorning Cheri’s dark coat began to glow, a shape began to take shape through the haze of the smoke. He was older than she had seen him last. But she immediately recognized the golden pattern of dapples. They were brilliant beneath the sheen of a burning flame, and a surge of pride (as well as emotion) surged through Aela at the sight of her son.

There were mountains behind him. She took a step forward to better see the image taking shape, but as flames are apt to do, they began to flicker out. As quickly as Fyr had been conjured, he was gone. The moment was over too soon for Aela, who was left peering into the empty smoke.

”He’s somewhere in the East,” she murmured, almost disbelieving. Gods, he was alive. She had spent these last months trying to brace herself for the worst - assuming it - because she wouldn't allow the confirmation of her son's demise to become her own. But Fyr was alive and that changed everything.

Remembering her counterpart in all this, Aela sharply asked, "How swiftly can you travel to Taiga?"

@Cheri

Messages In This Thread
    I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 02-28-2022, 12:26 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-14-2022, 09:04 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 08:15 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-21-2022, 05:56 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 01:13 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 04-08-2022, 09:49 PM