• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m falling under again | Aela
    As soon as Aela had gotten a fair look at the conjured vision and made her comment, the East and the dappled stallion running there disappeared. Unaware that she'd been clenching her entire body like one giant muscle spasm, Cheri relaxed her hold on the flow of energy with an audible sigh and the smoke, sparks, and magic flames began to self-douse. Without the fuel of their combined powers, it seemed as if the world was eager to return to its state of undisturbed normalcy - where flames did not form runes and smoke never showed images.

The black pegasus felt weak all over again. It was as if the time she'd taken to rest had vanished, and her bright viridian-colored wings slumped to the ground with the weight of her new exhaustion.

"I'm not sure, perhaps a day or two at most. I need sleep... well, more sleep." Cheri's tiredness already sounded evident in the way she slurred her speech.

She assumed Aela was thinking about leaving her.

"Go if you want. I'll be fine." The withering pegasus mare told her companion.

She'd made it this far on her own. What was a few more days of quiet relief before the oncoming storm of activity and duty?

Her eyes could barely stay open anyway. They fluttered, watering from the smoke and the pleasent heat still coming off the sputtering flames, and then they turned to view the encroaching forest with a dull longing. She told herself the very first tucked away spot she could find, she would drop there.

@“Aela”

Messages In This Thread
    I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 02-28-2022, 12:26 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-14-2022, 09:04 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 08:15 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-21-2022, 05:56 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 01:13 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 04-08-2022, 09:49 PM