• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  All the truth that I can tell
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Losing Tantalize had been hard. Being unable to locate her brother and watching his home crash into the sea had been tough. Then Tunnel disappeared as well as Molech and everyone else she had come to know in this place. And as dark and tortured as they had all been, as cruel and unkind as they could sometimes be… Her heart had broken a little, missing them all.

Of course she never said this outright. For all intensive purposes, she seemed much the same. The jungle flowers still clung to her raven mane and a spiraled smoky horn jutted from her soft brow, a gentle smile was easy to find her lips and just as easy to change into a suggestive grin or ferocious snarl, but the gold of her eyes always seemed tarnished. Sad. There was only so many times she could stand by the river alone before she gave up, she could only wait by the bank so long before defeat wrapped its arms around her and led her away.

To the redwoods she returns but they, too, are quiet. So very hushed. She becomes aware that since Yan’s absence they had been taken over by another but she never sees who this new leader is. Instead she becomes a guardian herself, a spirit of the woods that flits between them without guidance or purpose. Merely existing and trying to keep the small flame of her hope alive. Maybe one day they will all come back. She had found her mother after all those years she reminds herself. Then she remembers that Tantalize is dead and just because there had been a small sense of family for a moment, gone in a single breath, it didn’t mean she would ever find it again.

The fog parts as she moves through it, gliding easily past tall trunks and overgrown mushrooms towards the granite beach. Ferns graze across her suede backside, caressing the pale markings that still remained from her last encounter with the blue beast she tried not to think about. Reaching her destination, hooves sink into the silvery sands as she halts and looks out in the direction of Nerine. Her mother had lived there once, where the last of the Amazons had tried to survive. It hadn’t been a sisterhood in a long time but she remembers that the jaguar mare had spoken of the place with fondness.

Biting at her lower lip, she tilts her horn in its direction, considering. Maybe it was time to try something new again. That was one thing she had always been good at, picking up the pieces and starting over. Besides, she was growing tired of being a ghost in the mist.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

Reposting because I CAN <3
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-02-2022, 02:45 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by lannister - 03-09-2022, 12:31 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-10-2022, 01:50 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by lannister - 03-18-2022, 06:06 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-22-2022, 07:46 PM