• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everybody look at me

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

That she does not retreat from his lashing rage tells him all that he needs to know. Her gentleness had been little more than a guise, and his suspicions had been proven correct once again. The understanding stirs a bubbling resentment deep in his gut, an acid eating away at him just like the forced fear or the anger he can never seem to quell.

His breath coming heavily, Ashhal doesn’t even try to hold onto any pretense of civility. Though he doesn’t lash out again, the desire to do so sits uneasily inside him, pressing far too close to the surface. Even a blind creature would have been able to feel the heavy tension singeing the air around him, the violence he wears like a cloak.

Dark eyes burning with a restless desire, Ashhal does not remove his gaze from her. She doesn’t bother to answer his question, doesn’t bother to explain herself. In truth, he’s not even remotely fucking surprised. She wears her deceit like he wears his anger.

Her demand causes his lips to peel back from his teeth the moment it’s uttered. An undeniable threat. The danger her ability poses lay unheeded. Foolish or simply blinded by rage, it hardly matters, he wouldn’t heed it either way. But then, he has never feared death, and she could never hope to have the power to visit what he does fear upon him, no matter how much false terror she shoves down his throat.

“No,” is his only response spoken through gritted teeth. Instead he calls upon the ability he had so rarely bothered to use since it had flared to life inside him. Though unpracticed and clumsy, he steals over her memories, twisting them with a harshness he doesn’t try to temper. Attempting to rewrite history into one in which she agreed to leave, cowed by his rage.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    everybody look at me - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 04:01 PM
    RE: everybody look at me - by Ashhal - 03-07-2022, 10:29 AM
    RE: everybody look at me - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 01:33 PM
    RE: everybody look at me - by Ashhal - 03-21-2022, 09:46 AM
    RE: everybody look at me - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 01:55 PM
    RE: everybody look at me - by Ashhal - 04-26-2022, 09:36 AM