• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the birds they sang a melody
    Malik has seen little of Beqanna, but even that little is enough to appreciate the scope of Areane’s task. There are a hundred places to hide in these woods alone; even with the South gone there are vast stretches of forest and field, steppes and mountains. At least she is likely to be trying to be found, Malik thinks. But he will keep an eye out too, for a green and black mare.

You are too kind, she says, and Malik responds with a brief soft smile.

He expects her to be off again, and when she asks if he would like company the black horse is surprised. Pleasantly so, aided by her encouraging smile and bright amethyst eyes.

But what to tell her?
    It should be something good, he thinks, something he is proud of, perhaps even something that will impress her.
    But what might that be?

As they walk on, he tells her “but I lived in Tephra for a while with my mom, Wishbone.” It no longer hurts to think of his mother, though that has been some time coming. He knows she is no longer in Tephra, but perhaps Areane might know the name, and Malik is proud to have called her his mother. “Though now I live in Hyaline. My mother, Mazikeen, is the Queen.”

He’s been going for impressive, but realizes as he ducks under a low-hanging branch that perhaps he’s gone too far. He doesn’t want her to think he’s bragging, and so adds: “I can ask her if she’s heard anything about your missing queen, if you want. What’s her name, anyway?”

@Areane

Messages In This Thread
    the birds they sang a melody - by Malik - 03-06-2022, 07:22 PM
    RE: the birds they sang a melody - by Areane - 03-07-2022, 08:52 PM
    RE: the birds they sang a melody - by Malik - 03-14-2022, 12:36 PM
    RE: the birds they sang a melody - by Areane - 03-16-2022, 07:46 PM
    RE: the birds they sang a melody - by Malik - 04-10-2022, 07:26 AM