• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious
    BUT I HOPE I NEVER LOSE THE BRUISES THAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
    She cannot imagine what it would be like to not have parents, to simply just be created. She already had spent so much of her life feeling lost, aimless. How much worse would it be if she did not at least have her parents as something to anchor herself to? For her entire life her parents had always been in the same place, even before they had become the inseparable pair that they are now. And even if she had grown up feeling as if she could never possibly measure up to either one of them, they had been there, two immovable forces that she knew she could always count on.

And while she still does not think she will ever truly fit the space they had carved out for her, she knows that she is far more fortunate than most—that she had been born to parents that loved her, that were not faceless names and shapeless mysteries that she did not know.

It’s why she does not entirely know how to answer Voro’s question on how it is ‘decided’ that someone will be parents, and she chooses her words carefully. “Anyone can do it, technically. I was lucky, because I was able to grow up with both of my parents, but that is not the case for everyone.” She hesitates, before correcting herself with a short laugh. “Actually it’s not the case for most here. It’s usually more common for children to just be….an accident, I guess. One thing leads to another and it just kind of…happens.”

She already knows that he will not entirely understand what she means—is certain that since he had come from a land where they were simply created and not born that perhaps he would not understand the feelings that could lead to 'accidentally' creating children even if she described them.

So she turns, her eyes catching his, and she asks quietly, “Do you feel anything when I touch you?”
    A I S L Y N

@Voracious

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious - by Aislyn - 04-30-2022, 05:08 PM