• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious

You twist, I turn, who's the first to burn?

You sit and stay, I don't obey.

Love is something that has never been a part of Voracious’ life. In the bowels of his birthplace - the place he had been created and trained - he had known only duty and violence. He had been considered defective simply because his heart had yearned for more. Ridiculed because he had dreamed of something beyond orders and forced servitude. Love had never even been a consideration.

Now, though he knows it exists, he struggles to understand. Yet he cannot help but wonder at the warmth that bubbles inside his chest every time he looks at Aislyn. Wonders if he already knows it but simply hasn’t been able to recognize it.

He nods when she proclaims her own fortune at having grown up with parents, a faintly wistful smile touching his lips. It is certainly something he had never known. The slight smile dips into a frown when she continues however. He doesn’t quite understand how children can be created by accident. It has always struck him as a very deliberate thing.

Voracious is mulling that over, deciding how best to clarify when her gaze shifts and catches his, an unexpected question falling from her lips. He blinks, wondering at the abrupt change of subject. But then what she had asked hits him, causing warmth to spread across his skin. Clearing his throat, he glances briefly away in chagrin before forcing his eyes back to hers. “Yes,” he replies slowly. “It’s very… pleasant.” He clears his throat again. “I like it and it… it makes me want to touch you too.”
    Voracious

@Aislyn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you wouldn't be the first renegade to need somebody, voracious - by Voracious - 05-16-2022, 09:06 AM