• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all i want is nothing more, any

Savior

These are the Tephran things he loves the most: 
    if you are still long enough, you can feel the earth shifting underfoot.
    If you are quiet long enough, you can hear her breathing. 

He has been dormant too long, the Tephran king, listing in the shadows, feeling only the humidity gathering in his lungs and the kind of contentment that comes only from security.

He had not thought himself worthy of the title, a simple man without any particular aspirations, and now? Now Casimira flourishes as queen and he loves her so completely that sometimes it is all he can do to simply exist in her presence. 

He emerges now, glinting in the soft light of spring, and studies the landscape that unfolds around them. There had been such a seismic rift some years ago and he thinks sometimes that he should venture outward, that he should look more closely at the way things have changed, but he was built for Tephra. He was built for this alone.

So, he stays put, his eyes flashing a vibrant green and then softening into a pale yellow. 

He does not call out, simply stands beside a lava flow, lets the heat sink bone-deep and draws in a long, cleansing breath. 

Should they need him, they will find him here. 

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

Messages In This Thread
    all i want is nothing more, any - by savior - 03-20-2022, 02:27 PM
    RE: all i want is nothing more, any - by claudius - 03-22-2022, 10:23 AM