• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  as out of my control as anything has ever been
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale can feel the wet rattle of each shallow breath, and knows that at least one of her claws have punctured his lung. That will kill him eventually, but not while she clenches her talons firmly, refusing his demands entirely.

He breathes out, and is not surprised to see a spray of red on the snow in front of him this time, crimson droplets so bright against the white snow. It looks almost pretty, Gale thinks, finding that his thoughts have gone soft around the edges, as blurred and indistinct as the white dragon that looms over him, refusing to either kill him or let him be.

“Still…” Another breath, a deeper rouging of the snow, and he smiles deliriously. “So stubborn.” He can feel himself slipping, unsure exactly what he’d been holding on to, thinking it would be much more fun to just let it go. Lightning flickers from his half-closed eyes, bringing him back to wakefulness with a painful jolt.

No more magic.

He forces his blue eyes open, focused on the orange ones overhead. Eyes that he’d torn out, Gale remembers with a sick twist to his stomach, and swallowed before devouring her heart. Her words are not a roar this time, but she is no closer to believing him than when she’d been snarling. Even with his hazy vision, he can see the wrath in her eyes, hear the fury when she claims her son.

Taking deeper breaths means pressing further against the talons that pierce his navy skin, but he steels himself and gives an answer with each exhale. “That I don’t remember it. That it’s all blackness. That someone killed it for good.” By now there is no white at all in the snow around his mouth, and his eyes are hardly more than electric blue slits as he breathes out the last of the explanation, the paradox to the black magic of the Curse that had finally destroyed it. “White magic.”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as out of my control as anything has ever been - by Gale - 05-10-2022, 10:58 PM