• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't wanna talk about the way that it was
    The griffon spots her first, but a moment later Malik’s eyes turn toward the stranger coming down the beach. Her pace is unhurried, and Malik finds himself releasing a quiet breath. He’d not expected to be accosted, yet remains ever on edge, and the slow pace and relaxed posture of the woman approaching him does much to set him at ease. He still watches her carefully, his unmatched eyes flicking across her in blue and orange darts, unperturbed by her equal inspection.

She has a look about her, as though he’s seen bits of her face on others. That’s a common occurrence in Hyaline, where sprawling families cluster in the valleys and around the lake, and most everyone is Malik’s family - or family to one of his relatives. Not to mention the rosettes that decorate her sides, which the curious stallion sees are an unfamiliar but intriguing shade of pinkish gold. Does she have another shape, he wonders, or are her markings a reminder of what she does not have?

This line of thought leads him back to his quest, and the silver deer that he seeks, so he is smiling both in greeting and anticipation by the time Iliana greets him.

“No,” he says quickly, just after the griffon nods his head in acknowledgement and then glances away again. “I’m here to find a silver deer.” The griffon shifts its weight, settling back on his hindquarters, and Malik amends: “Or an antler from a deer. A part of a deer anyway. It’s for a quest. Do you know where they are, the deer? Could you show me?”

He’s speaking rapidly, the words spilling out in a flood, and his awareness of that only seemed to make them come all the faster. “”I’m Malik, from Hyaline. Are you? From Hyaline, I mean. You look like you might be but I don’t think we’ve met.

@Iliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't wanna talk about the way that it was - by Malik - 05-15-2022, 08:08 AM