• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't wanna talk about the way that it was
    She seems surprised that he can take multiple shapes, and Malik begins to learn that shifting is not as common a gift in Beqanna as it is in Hyaline, or at least amongst those living in Silver Cove.

“Into a lot of animals,” he answers, “but some better than others. Not into anything magical though, not like the rest of my family.” He sounds nonchalant, and there is no indication in his smooth tone that suggests he has felt the same jealousy as Iliana. His own time in solitude have not taught him the same lessons, and instead has only sharpened his covetous edges.

But she can shift, Iliana confirms, and the smile that might have fallen away remains instead. A panther, she says, a predator, and he wonders if perhaps she might hunt the deer as well as lead him to them. She’s willing to accept his gratitude at least, and Malik ignores the disappointment of the griffin in the back of his mind as he so often does.

Instead he watches as her golden-spotted figure transforms from mare to panther, and then turns his gaze where she indicates, as though he might see deer from the dark beach.

“That sounds like a good plan to me.” He says. Malik shifts then as well, into one of his more practiced shapes, that of a Siberian Tiger, his thick coat still the same iridescent black he had been as a horse. He keeps pace with Iliana, following her lead as they head toward the meadow. As they go, he keeps his eyes on the ground, scanning the earth in search of anything that might aid his hunt. A hoofprint, perhaps, or even an antler itself.

@Iliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't wanna talk about the way that it was - by Malik - 07-03-2022, 07:18 PM