• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Silence, come what may; Any
    His considerate vigilance isn't neglected by her, in fact she manages to soften a bit as the stallion decides it's a good
    idea to give her a bit of space. Isolation is quite a lonely thing, one that shrouds perception like cement, unmoveable,
    and stubborn is she in her ways of thinking. It's been so long since Famkee has even seen another soul, afterall her 
    social skills were likely quite rusted, so the attitude she gives him isn't intended more, justified. She still wonders about
    her brother, often she longs to explore the unknown with her sibling, but her searches become less sought after after 
    each year that passes. Had he escaped the famine like her? Is he still searching for his sister, the only family that remains
    of their blood? 
    Malik speaks again, and the mare cant help the snort that rattles her snout, her hooves shuffling the ice 
    crunching beneath her weight. Famkee isnt sure if she heard him right, ears suddenly swiveled forwards attentive, he also
    looks for someone and for a fleeting moment she battles asking him if he's seen her brother, but as crazy as it sounds to 
    even question, she waits for the right moment. 
    "this land," She pauses, not wanting to revert her gaze from him but she does anyways, gesturing with her muzzle to the 
    mountain peaks kissing the sky behind her. "there's others here? You're the first i've seen." He must know she's a virgin to the valley, 
    though the stallion doesn't look sickly, he appears healthy, socializedand friendly. "I'm afraid I can't offer you any help in that regard." 
    But maybe he could? She wants to take advantage of this, 
    this must be his home, or at least some part of it, he's seen many come and go, perhaps he's seen the one she mourns to 
    discover. "I-" She pauses again, her tongue losing the courage to create her words, afraid that maybe he has seen him, and 
    that he's dead, gone again, or not at all. His answer couldn't be any worse than what's piled up inside, gradually rising in its 
    poison the longer she decides to shove it down. "I also search for someone, but I have yet to find him, it's been years.." Famkee
    surprises herself offering such information, but the desperation claws at her throat, undying in its burden. Her forelock flows in 
    the chilled breeze, hiding the pain that bores its way into her gaze, gradually drifting to the snow-clad earth. You might think 
    that after so long the ache would subside, or at least be forgotten for a little while. Being alone amplifies the intrusive thoughts, 
    no distractions to sate them, and yet here he is, the stallion could be her savior in more ways than one. In fact, whether she likes 
    it or not, he's helping her. this frustrates her, she doesn't need anyone's help, she's gotten this far on her own, but god it's frightening
    at how good it feels to see his face, any face. She wonders if he's even real, a mirage, a ghost to haunt her along the way. She can't 
    help herself as she asks, foolish or not she doesnt care at this point.  "Are you real, Malik?" His name falls off her lips carefully, 
    she almost waits for him to take her away like a wraith, wrapping her in cloaks of night to join the afterlife. 
    @Malik 

[Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-05-2022, 05:55 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-06-2022, 07:12 AM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-06-2022, 01:26 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-07-2022, 08:39 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-08-2022, 12:54 AM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-09-2022, 11:00 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-10-2022, 08:04 PM