• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Silence, come what may; Any
    Intuitive he seems, watchful as he tactfully reads her body language, and for a moment Famkee feels like she's on display. Is she really that transparent? As dusk's colors begin to fade and replaced with twinkling blankets of stars, the stallion would disappear anywhere else, but here he offers a stark contrast against the ivory plain. For a question she'd thought so simple, he takes his time to savor it, even going to leave if it werent for her interupting curiousity. Her interest continues through the apprehensive lilt in his eyes, for someone to be so friendly he's also very quick to leave. "only when i want something." His words tangle in her mind, pinching her brows to knit together. true to his word, she thinks as the stallion lacks foundation, empathy or maybe the absence of concern to maintain her. She doesnt blame him really, she wouldnt have been so generous herself. What he does do, is turn on his heel and stay at her rather bizarre proposal. Afterall, he seems real, she can still smell his skin, his hooves carve the same prints in the snow, his muzzle emits the same breath ghosting from his body. If she is imagining this, there's no going back and maybe she really is dead. the stallion could pass for a grim reaper of sorts, Famkee wouldnt be surprised. She doesnt press it any further, but it does make the slightest grin want to show it's face on her velvet maw, precious as it does but only for a moment. She feels real, tangible enough for the fallen snow to collect on her tasseled mane and spine, its validity sending a chill down to tremble the muscles of her legs. 

She wants to ignore his pressing question, it gnaws at her chest begging to be set free. thats why she's even entertaining this at all, to find her brother. She might be lying to herself, but she's become a master to her own games. "this place, it's your home?" She asks firmly like she wants to squeeze the answer right out to her liking, when she knows nothing about her surroundings it daunts the golden mare, makes her mind wander putting her in a dangerous and vulnerable spot she doesnt appreciate. "I've lost my brother, I've made it on my own for many moons now. I continue to look for him despite each failure."  that failure is a venom, coursing through her veins and bleeding her dry, day by day it's her fault, her cowardice for not dying with honor, but running away from it all and living with the fact that she doesnt even know.  She can still remember his face for the last time, brindled with blood that was everyone else's but his, calling out for his sister in the chaos that enveloped all that they knew. She lost everything that day, a piece of her was left to rot in that soil and Famkee wonders if she'll ever get it back. 

"And you search for?" She doesnt know if she really cares, Famkee hasnt seen a soul for many miles, certainly with the likes of this region. Although if he can help her, Famkee ponders what she could possibly offer in return as a newcomer. Was there others, different herds, positions she could excel? She thinks too far ahead, but the thought of making something of her talents, utilizing her skills in a way to benefit not only her grief but counter the flesh eating numbness that spreads like the winter air around them. This has been her survival toolbelt for years, distance is company while feelings are the enemy.  Her soul itches for more, there has to be more. But is this what she wants? Her soul out craves her mind, her body and for once it's screaming at her to dive headfirst. "My name is Famkee." She gives a callous nod, bending her neck to bow ever so slightly at her feeble attempt at poliletness. Her eyes flash a fiery gold, long lashes fluttering the aurlien jewels so bright in their glow they cast a faint radiance atop the ice, the gold spreads like snakes up her horn and making its home there for a few seconds before slowing fading to be absorbed, tucked away to hide again. 

@Malik
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-05-2022, 05:55 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-06-2022, 07:12 AM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-06-2022, 01:26 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-07-2022, 08:39 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-08-2022, 12:54 AM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Malik - 07-09-2022, 11:00 PM
    RE: Silence, come what may; Any - by Famkee - 07-10-2022, 08:04 PM