• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale meets her gaze until she says ‘No’, regarding her with momentarily increased intensity. He should leave anyway, he thinks. Regardless of what she says, or what Casimira had said about it. Seeing Ryatah here answers the question he’d been left with after parting ways with the dragon mare on Islandres. The angel isn’t truly dead after all, and that black place had not been an eternity.

Yet thinking of it still leaves him with a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. One that he can ignore as he flicks his ears forward to hear what follows the ‘No’. It is not what he expects, and for a moment he frowns. For the briefest moment his heart races, fear that there are memories he has not regained crawling up his spine, but the pieces fall into place just before he can panic.

She is still stepping closer, and he forces his breathing back to something steady, so that when he answers there is no indication of breathlessness at all. His tone is equally steady, matter of fact as he replies:

“It hated not being able to get to you more than it hated angels in particular. Mazikeen wouldn’t let it hunt the angels.” He begins to trail off, but realizes that his answer as spoken leaves blame where it doesn’t belong, and then forgetting before he continues to answer the rest of her question while he's talking: “I was Cursed. A familial affliction.” Another pause, and then: “But broken now.”

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i dont know how to take it away from you - by Gale - 08-09-2022, 09:54 PM