• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

There is doubt in her voice, and Gale meets her questioning black gaze to find it there in her eyes as well. How can he be sure?

“The curse that afflicted me is broken.” He answers. It might seem nothing more than a rephrasing of what he’s already told her, but he continues. “I suspect the familial susceptibility remains.”

His ancestors had found too many cures, had broken too many victims free. Was the darkness that enveloped Gale the same one that had taken his father? He thinks it had been, at least at first. As he carried it though, as it sunk its shadows deeper, as it began to puppet him through the night forests of Hyaline: it changed. It evolved, became a thing more suited for the abilities of the body that it wore. Adaptation to its host had made it something different.

What will the Curse be like in its next host?

That is one of the many questions he tries not to think of. And yet he senses it, knowing it will occur to him soon. (The sensing came as it always did, a flicker of discomforting lightning just out of sight, a brightness he felt rather than saw.)

“Are you…” His voices begins only to trail off “Are you alright after…” Eager to distract himself, he is not especially eloquent, “After me? She said you were, Casimira, but…”

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i dont know how to take it away from you - by Gale - 09-18-2022, 06:23 AM