• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale watches Ryatah intently, his brilliantly blue eyes catching the strange expression that overtakes her following his apology. He’s not quite sure what it is, but before he can place it she is saying she is fine. His gaze narrows, and there is doubt in their lightning-filled depths, accentuated by the dubious thinning of his lips in response to Ryatah’s smile.

He had ripped open her chest, and torn out her heart. The skin there is healed (if twisted and scarred), but Gale remembers enough of that night to doubt that he will ever be fine.

How can she be, and how can she smile and make light of the void? He processes what she’s said - of all the times she had died? The bottom of the sea? The Cursed Gale had killed her, but he had not been the first to do so. Gale suspects that Ryatah has a most interesting tale of a life, but knowing how much death it is likely to contain, is eager to avoid hearing it.

The small smile that appears on his navy mouth in response to her jesting does not reach his eyes, but it is enough of a change from his earlier frown that perhaps it will seem genuine even though he remains quiet. When she asks if he will be staying in the Pampas, the change of direction in the conversation is welcome, and his smile becomes something much more natural.

“I do,” he replies. “Do you know who is in charge here? I want to do something. Be useful.”

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i dont know how to take it away from you - by Gale - 10-23-2022, 02:15 PM