• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sell my soul for the high - any
    She had not planned on coming here.

As the day had begun to wane she had felt herself growing restless, and she had learned that most often the best way to ease that growing tension was to shift into her phoenix form and take flight.

And she had, shedding her equine form for that of a firebird, only when she began to ascend into the sky, she did not stop.

There was no real explanation for the spontaneous visit, other than the existence of the air kingdom had been a nagging thought in the back of her mind for some time now. Baltia was not exactly a place she could explore, and she felt as though she had exhausted her efforts of extracting any kind of information from the ruins.

She did not know what she was looking for, seeking answers to questions she could not even formulate to ask.

Mostly, she just wanted to know why Hyaline was gone.

When she finds Stratos it feels as though it is purely by accident. In the twilight sky there suddenly sits a series of clouds, clearly different from the wisps that she currently flies through. Ignoring the nervous knot that tightens in her stomach, she continues on, wondering if even as a phoenix she would be clearly labeled as an outsider. She was not the fiery colors often associated with a phoenix—instead she is the same deep purples and shimmering silver that she is in her equine form—and she is unsure if that will work for or against her, and so she does her best to avoid being seen.

She almost does not see him, the twilight-colored stallion standing on a cluster of clouds, but when she does she alters her course just slightly. She did not want to leave without speaking to at least someone, he seemed as good as anyone else.

“Excuse me,” she calls to him, her tone perhaps a bit brusque but careful to keep herself from being entirely demanding. She eyes the way he stands on the clouds with a skeptical glance, and decides that she does not trust it, choosing to remain as a phoenix as her large wings keep her aloft just above him. “This is Stratos, yes?”

-- A D R E S T I A

Messages In This Thread
    sell my soul for the high - any - by Maeglin - 08-04-2022, 05:56 PM
    RE: sell my soul for the high - any - by Adrestia - 09-12-2022, 12:46 AM