• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to learn my dreams aren't rare

Sunrises here are not any more magical than the world she came from, but neither are they any less - so she still pauses to admire them. Her mane moves of its own accord as it always has, a slight breeze stirring the dark lengths of it as the sun rises. She can see Stratos, the clouds catching the light and making it shimmer on golden edges. She’s vaguely aware that something similar is happening in her pupils right this moment - an anchor tying her to that place she has never been to.

She looks away, focuses on the colours that exist on the ground instead - the brilliant reds and oranges of the leaves, the soft golden brown mingling with green beneath her hooves. A pair of strange, fuzzy-tailed creatures chase each other around a trunk, spiralling upwards and sending a small rain of gold down as they disturb the canopy.

Tavani stretches her wings, and abruptly stops. With them half-stretched, she feels the phantom pains and echoes of memories chasing themselves through the joints there.

There is a distant frown in her eyes, a small short-circuit causing her to forget what would come naturally next. She should fold her wings, move off to find something new but instead she has paused.

The actual memories themselves are too much so she is thinking of something else. She wonders how many of her brethren are similar to her - how many of them chose this new life, or if they were all caught up in the storm and brought against their will. How many of them ran forwards, not knowing whether they would find death or something new but equally entranced by the possibility of both? How many of them are at least a little disappointed with which one they ended up with?

tavani

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 10-25-2022, 01:11 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Ryatah - 11-14-2022, 12:19 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 12-12-2022, 12:28 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Ryatah - 01-23-2023, 12:03 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 02-26-2023, 12:14 AM