• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  out in the dark, there burns a dream
    kraken image by yishinimmo

At first, he does not react. He does not mean to ignore her, but he is still caught up in the memories, the last traces of his family. Well, that and he does not expect an unfamiliar female voice to be seeking his attention, for he is not only awkward in appearance, but in personality as well. Perhaps, under different circumstances, he might have been more comfortable in social settings, but there’s nothing to be done in this moment.

His head snaps up reflexively as the sound of her approach startles him. He notices the gentle but urgent rhythm of her steps and this causes him to turn, intrigue highlighting his icy tint to his blue eyes.

Though he has said nothing yet, he is stunned into further silence when she comes to a rest near his grazing spot. He is no stranger to unusual creatures, but there is something about the somewhat angelic air she projects that fascinates him.

'Where are you going?' The spark that had lit his eyes dims just as quickly as it had come. With melancholy clinging to every word, he responds, ”If only I knew..” As she subtly moves closer, he unconsciously pulls back. Again, not out of disrespect, but because this flusters him.

The embarrassment seems to radiate from every inch of his being as he nervously tosses his head, sending the yellow-white strands of his mane into a fluttering frenzy. A crooked but charming smile forms when she gives her name. His voice is still rather flat, though now with shyness, but it also hints at his genuine curiosity at her presence.

”Eddie.. A brief pause, then, ”I’ve been searching for my family, but I don’t really know much about this place. I’m not sure where I am, where I’ve been, or where to go next. And it’s been so long..” He trails off into a silence heavy with the implication that an unfavorable fate may have fallen upon them.

Messages In This Thread
    out in the dark, there burns a dream - by eddie - 03-14-2023, 12:56 PM
    RE: out in the dark, there burns a dream - by eddie - 03-23-2023, 05:27 PM