• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  out in the dark, there burns a dream
    margot

Oh, what a wonderful, delicious feast of love this stranger has provided Margot. Layers and layers of strangled, unconditional love wrap Eddie in a bright white cast. She blinks quickly at him, almost creepily doll-like as she smiles a shark’s smile in his direction.

“My love for my family is the strongest I’ve ever known,” Margot answers lightly, wondering why such indignation flavors Eddie’s words. It’s not necessarily a lie, but it’s certainly not the total truth. Margot has sensed loves that pulse stronger than the love she feels for her family, but never has she felt so personally. 

There’s an insatiable curiosity that overtakes her whenever such emotions tangle up in her magic. To know a love so strong it’s toxic, possessive, unforgiving; but what she senses from Eddie is not necessarily any of those things. Perhaps unforgiving in its grip on his melancholy, but without the possessiveness that lacks the grace of being unconditional.

Addicting, such a strange force Eddie carries.

Margot elects to mostly ignore her new acquaintance’s next question and says, “I can feel all that love you have. I can take it away, too. All your pain. I can sense it poisoning your affection. Do you want to feel this way forever, Eddie?”

She breathes out, excited. Indifferent to his response but—ecstatic at the possibilities.

@eddie

Messages In This Thread
    out in the dark, there burns a dream - by eddie - 03-14-2023, 12:56 PM
    RE: out in the dark, there burns a dream - by margot - 04-08-2023, 12:49 PM