• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seven new ways that you can eat your young; any
    YOU CAN HAVE MY HEART, IF YOU HAVE THE STOMACH TO TAKE IT.
    She has never been certain, even of the ‘certain’ things. There is mystery even in the most concrete things around her. Her brother has taught her to be wary and follow her gut. Whether he meant to is unknown to her.

But right now her gut tells her that he is a prey animal. Katarine reads this in the way his eyes linger around the sharper points of her and not on the way she glows or the feather-soft veil of stars she leaves in her wake. He smells like dirt and leaves and the wild pieces of the world that the hunted normally keep to.

I’m not really sure you’re supposed to look like… this.

He speaks the words and a laugh comes tumbling carelessly from her lips. Her chin tucks down to give a timid stare from beneath long eyelashes. “What should I look like, then?” she coos, presses that frosted body to his. There is a warmth across his skin that feels like the summer sun when she emerges from the coldest depths. A sigh eases from her lungs and she shifts her weight. It feels like if she toys with him too much, he’ll run off into the woods he had only just emerged from. Better to ease up on him for now.

Are you supposed to look the way you do?” she asks with a tilt of her pale head. Katarine doesn’t mean to stare at his throat for so long, but the habit is so deeply engrained into who she is. She forces her lavender eyes to drift back to the river.

I like to swim. If I was any different, I doubt I could.” And here she shrugs. She did not ask for teeth or songs or stars. The scaled girl has only ever loved her fins and gills, the least threatening pieces of her. That she eats meat is merely a byproduct of her gifts

That she enjoys eating meat is a coincidence.
    KATARINE
    @hanna

Messages In This Thread
    RE: seven new ways that you can eat your young; any - by katarine - 03-30-2023, 10:03 PM