• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Time Lost
    Although the deep recesses of the Forest remain chilly, Jesper reserves the warmth of his canine pelt for extreme conditions. His environmental adaptation helps him to easily  adjust to the fluctuations between night and day. The ink-hued steed ambles along without much of an agenda. He pauses, here and there, to smell the occasional plant or, more closely inspect a curious shadow. His senses are in tune with his surroundings. He singles out the delicate musk of the lady amongst the stench of the woods. He knows she draws close, way before the words leave her lips. He remains rather unphased until her gentle tone cuts through the murmurs of the Forest.

Her "Hello," lifts his poll from its lowered position. Aquamarine eyes search until they focus on her unique chassis. He had heard of Baltians, with their aquatic traits. And, also, of Stratosians, with their avian traits. This dame appears to be a hybrid. Her question triggers a sporadic train of thought. I have yet to see a Baltian or, Stratosian in the flesh and, now, I see both at the same time! What did happen in the latest quest? I didn't participate so, I don't know exactly. How does a bird breathe underwater? He shuffles his weight amongst his quad limbs and lowers his gaze from her black pools with silver reptilian slits.

He considers how to reply a moment longer before the onyx steed starts with, "Hello,  there." His tone is warm and eager, hoping to encourage her to stay. He could sense the tension in her form and, chooses to stay where he is so that he does not make her more uncomfortable. "I am afraid that I do not know all of the details. There was a quest, recently, on the Mountain. It prompted the fairies to change things up. I did not take part in that quest, though."
    He offers the lady a compassionate smile before adding, "My name is Jesper, by the way. Where did you used to live?"

@Raea

Messages In This Thread
    A Time Lost - by Jesper - 03-21-2023, 06:23 AM
    RE: A Time Lost - by Raea - 03-27-2023, 04:02 PM
    RE: A Time Lost - by Jesper - 04-04-2023, 07:20 AM
    RE: A Time Lost - by Raea - 04-17-2023, 11:27 PM