• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Dark Light [Any]
    Velk cannot remark on her balance or, clumsiness. He, himself, is awkward and, beyond clumsy on his own four limbs. His sapphire gaze catches her blush before averts his eyes once again. Poor dear. She is already embarrassed. No need to make her feel worse. The black based tovero looks at a feathered creature nesting in the nearby tree. When the dame speaks, his right ear hones in on her every word. He continues to look away but, shakes his head to signal that, no, he had not seen what happened.

He considers moving forward to assist; however, he would likely trip over his own hooves and splash more water upon the lady. At least it is a warm day? Velk muses to himself. He hears another loud splash which forces him to return his gaze to Silysi. She is now immersed in the water, set on her rump, with her head down. She apologizes and, he cannot help but admit, "There is no need to apologize. I, myself, am quite clumsy. I would offer to help but, I am afraid I would only make matters worse."

He ponders for a moment. It is warm today. He can feel the humidity in each of his breaths. His pelt, only partly shed since winter, is slick to his form. Sweat is not collecting yet but, he feels uncomfortable. He decides the best thing he can do, is join her. Velk takes a few steps forwards before swinging his haunches to the left, closer to the water. He moves in reverse until he can feel the cool water encircling his hind pasterns. Once parallel to the mare and, standing in the cool blue lake, Velk permits his weight to sink onto his rump. This is an odd feeling, he thinks. He hopes the waves caused by his landing do not soak her more. Once seated next to her, he extends his whiskered muzzle to offer a gentle nudge of affection. "Now, if any one else comes along, we look as though we meant to do this." He offers a reassuring smile before lowering his lips to the liquid surface to take a small sip.

@Silysi

Messages In This Thread
    The Dark Light [Any] - by Velk - 03-24-2023, 03:30 PM
    RE: The Dark Light [Any] - by Silysi - 03-25-2023, 01:27 AM
    RE: The Dark Light [Any] - by Velk - 03-28-2023, 02:47 PM
    RE: The Dark Light [Any] - by Silysi - 03-28-2023, 08:36 PM
    RE: The Dark Light [Any] - by Velk - 04-11-2023, 07:00 AM
    RE: The Dark Light [Any] - by Silysi - 04-11-2023, 07:53 PM