• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost in the labyrinth of my mind, kensley
    I was a dreamer before you went and let me down —
    “I know,” she answers him with a small, appreciative smile. He is one of the only things she could count on to always be there in this world—even more so than their parents, although she loved them dearly. When the twins had been born their parents love had not been the steadfast thing it is now, and while she would never fault her mother for it—because she had learned once she was older what it meant to try to keep existing when your heart is breaking, to have children that relied on you even if their father could not find it in himself to stay—Kensley had been a far more consistent presence.

“I would do the same for you,” she tells him, because even though she is sure that he must know there is always a fear that he doesn’t; that he thinks he is alone in this world, or that she has forgotten him when he is in places that she cannot reach.

She is content to stand with him in silence for a few moments, simply enjoying his presence, even though her thoughts have wandered far from where they stood. She is already worried over what will happen once they part ways again—how he will again be changed the next time she sees him, that she will regret not keeping him closer for longer.  “Where are you going to go?” she asks him, and there is a selfish part of her that wants to ask if she can follow. As if by keeping him close she might be able to shield him from all the things that keep happening, even though she knows it will never be true.

Kensley has never been anything that could be contained, and she knows all that she can do is continue to love every version of himself that he becomes.
    KENNICE

@kensley

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost in the labyrinth of my mind, kensley - by Kennice - 05-21-2023, 01:52 PM