• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the hand that pulled me through the center of the night was you

“It doesn’t feel real.” Like a dream or a nightmare, she thinks - but keeps that comparison to herself. They had both had far too much of the latter of those two, she does not want to bring any more bad luck upon them by openly vocalizing the idea.

As they stand close, she feels like she should share some stories, but picking apart what was true and what has been morphed by her memory is just as difficult as trying to remember the landscape. “I was queen here, for a while. I had been adopted by the general at the time and I started in and then rose through the army like her - not diplomacy.” Agetta smiles because it is so strange to think about now, when she had allowed herself to forget for so many years she had once been a warrior - that she had always been willing to die for those she loved. She had forgotten she was capable of that and missed her chance to fight so many battles because she was convinced she was lesser than she was. “That was back before I died - before I was killed that first time - back when my coat was as dark as yours and there was no magic in my veins.”

These are the shallow versions of the stories - and that's all Agetta is willing to wade through at the moment. It's been hard work, allowing herself to let go of the past and leave it where it lies - and a part of her can't help that think of course this is when the Gates would make a re-emergence.

“This was where I first became a ghost.” She means it metaphorically, though she supposes it might work literally as well, and the thought eases a frown onto her face as she looks across the too-colourful land. She remembers only pieces of those long, watchful years. When she could not die but felt so detached from the generations that had sprung up to replace her friends and family.

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the hand that pulled me through the center of the night was you - by Agetta - 04-15-2023, 12:19 AM