• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wine-colored air breathing thoughts through your hair [adriana, any]
    i showed him all my teeth & then i laughed out loud,
    because i never wanted saving, i just wanted to be found

If she notices that Assailant seems disoriented by the vibrant display of magic, she does not show it. Just as he cannot fully grasp the way Beqanna is now, she cannot understand just exactly how tame Beqanna had been so long ago. Magic had always existed, of course, but it had been reserved for a select few—mostly the magicians themselves, and a few anomalies that possessed wings or horns, or something simple such as color changing. It was nothing like it is now, where Adriana herself is hardly anything unique — scales and beauty were everywhere.

She had been born into a world saturated with magic, where it dripped from every ledge and sank into the earth, cycling itself back into Beqanna’s residents at an almost alarming pace. She just had no concept of how alarming compared to someone that was accustomed to what Beqanna used to be like.

Where flowers simply did not sprout into stallions.

She does not move away when she steps closer to her, and she does not stop herself from being pulled in by his gravity, again noticing how shockingly warm he always felt against her frost-covered scales.  It is a strange thing, how he can both steady her and also make her pulse jump at the same time, but for now the stranger before them is enough of a distraction that she does not follow the tension that pulls between them.

“Yes, again,” she answers him, the words lilting with amusement. She knew it was maddening the way the lands here always changed, but it was a bit entertaining as well, if only in a disbelieving kind of way. How many places could say their entire landscape changed nearly as often as the seasons themselves? “I suppose it’s a good thing you weren't a rock in the Pampas this time around. That might have been a more alarming wake-up than being plucked out of the ground.”

She looks again down the path that would lead them into the Dale, and it’s only then that she steps away from Assailant, taking a few strides before turning her attention to Aodhán. “Are you familiar with the old lands at all? I’ve heard stories, but that’s about it.”As much as she missed Tephra she had to admit, she was growing increasingly curious of these lands that had once only existed in stories and history, and she feels an excited thrum in her chest when she looks again to the path carved into the tall hills.
    A D R I A N A

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wine-colored air breathing thoughts through your hair [adriana, any] - by Adriana - 04-29-2023, 02:36 PM