• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wine-colored air breathing thoughts through your hair [adriana, any]

Difficult as it has been to contend with the complete newness of Beqanna, he wonders what it must be like to have witnessed all of her changes over the years. Certainly he has spent much time longing for the old days, but more out of a desire to return to a time where he was comfortable. He has no wistful memories to associate with any particular lands, no devotion to any of the old kingdoms, very little to no fondness of any kind, as these two have in abundance. So he is quiet after extending the invitation to Aodhán, letting Adriana steer the conversation about the lands as he absent-mindedly lays a series of gentle nips along her shoulder.

He does offer up a mild snort when she mentions being a rock in the Pampas, assuming that she’s suggesting Aodhán would have woken up beneath the water this time around. He finds the idea somewhat amusing, as his own ‘awakening’ and return to Beqanna had been something along those same lines.

Her head turns to the Dale as though it has called her name and he is slightly frustrated that she breaks their contact to move towards it. However, it lures him in as well, so he trails after her with a touch of shared enthusiasm in his step.

They travel for some time, he in continued silence so that he might learn more of what they know about the lands. Out of nowhere, an errant thought crosses his mind and he tugs lightly at a strand of her mane to draw her attention. “You know, I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned your home before.” He hesitates, acutely aware that it might dampen her mood. “Are you willing to tell us about it?”

His eyes drift to Aodhán and he quickly presses on, hoping to diffuse any sourness he might have roused in Adriana. “And I’d like to hear more of the Pampas.. it came well after my time, so I know nothing of it.”

assailant

"The comfort zone is always the most desirable place to be. But in settling for comfort, there is a price to pay and it comes in the death of ambition, of hope, of youth, and the death of self."
    -Simon Barnes

image by EnchantedHawke
    @Adriana @Aodhan 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wine-colored air breathing thoughts through your hair [adriana, any] - by assailant - 06-09-2023, 02:54 AM