• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  who wears the crown - any/all

iris

A few come, and while she would be disappointed at the small turnout, she is not surprised. The Chamber is still quiet - it is why they need a leader, why they need someone to bring this land out of its slumber. The first to come is not of their world - a Stratosian, a place she knows almost nothing about. His silence is enough to leave her unimpressed and she pays him little mind except to offer a nod. Then Jamie, and her attention turns to him. She finds herself strangely pleased to see he has decided to lurk in the shadows of her home. She does not have time to reply before another comes, asking a similar question. The ghosts whisper to her of magic, and she notices the way the antlers grow a little taller as he comes to join them.

Iris had not contemplated taking the throne, but as she stands there now before this small turnout, the idea flits through her head, a tantalizing prospect. Is she not already leading them now? Is she not the one driving change, seeking the good of her kingdom? Still, she knows that in terms of strength alone she cannot compare in power to Jamie or this new stallion, but her mother had not had magic when she’d taken the throne either.

“If it were as simple as a word, I think I might have already claimed it for myself,” she says to the new stallion. “And the Chamber can decide for herself, Jamie,” she says, amber eyes turning to him, finally answering his question.

“The Chamber demands two things of her rulers,” she begins, not adding that all of this comes from the tales told to her by both her mother and the ghosts, but all their stories align and so she does not doubt them. The ghosts stand around her now (it is rare they are not around her), slightly behind, trying to stay away from the magician of death who has no respect for them but unwilling to leave her alone. She is grateful for their loyalty. “Strength and a love for this land that runs deep enough to sacrifice anything.” She thinks of Atrox and his heart, of her mother and her life, and of so many that had come before.

“I may not be the strongest in this group,” her eyes flit to Jamie and the new stallion, for she knows what they are, ”but this kingdom runs in my blood and I will bleed for her.” She pauses, letting all that sink in before she finally adds. ”Would anyone else?”

Since we need a ruler by the end of the month we probably don't have time for a real contest or anything, so we'll see how this goes, haha...

Messages In This Thread
    who wears the crown - any/all - by Iris - 05-06-2023, 06:10 PM
    RE: who wears the crown - any/all - by Ruhr - 05-07-2023, 09:13 AM
    RE: who wears the crown - any/all - by jamie - 05-08-2023, 09:29 PM
    RE: who wears the crown - any/all - by Abrus - 05-13-2023, 02:28 PM
    RE: who wears the crown - any/all - by Iris - 05-16-2023, 08:23 AM