• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  society, you're a crazy breed; malik
    Oh my heart, she says, the voice just as he remembers. But still he does not step closer. He only watches with narrow blue and orange eyes, his dark ears pointed forward. This could be his mother, but it could as easily be an illusion or a shifter, a trick or a trap meant to catch him unaware. The world he had grown up in had been full of such things, even if this world is far more still. 

Some part of him knows that it would be wisest to walk away, to leave this behind and carry on as he has. He has made it this far with knowing she is dead, after all. 

But how far is this far? His existence is little more than wandering through the common lands of Beqanna, a dark figure always at the edge. His family has slipped away, and the allure of following them has been growing stronger with each day. Is that why she has come? To keep him from slipping away as well? 

Malik takes one cautious step forward, hearing the apology but still uncertain if the figure is wraith with his mother's countenance or a true resurrection. He wants to believe the latter, but there is no effort to hide the doubt in his eyes. 

"He told me you were dead." He says. Then, more hesitantly, "How can I know you aren't just something I'm imagining? Are you a ghost?"

ooc: this was written at work so  im sorry for any disconnected thoughts! also i know this thread is old so we can start a new one, scrap it, or keep it going; whatever you'd prefer!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: society, you're a crazy breed; malik - by Malik - 09-26-2023, 12:33 PM