• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS
    OAKS
    you look well suited
    like you came to win
    Acceptance, even in this slightly twisted manner, feels surprisingly soothing. It is an odd consolation, to say the least, for having his very life force drained by a stranger but Oaks unfortunately knows no better.

Zain welcomes him and despite the darker implications of his reception, Oaks is glad for it. He may have expected to be shunned, outright or subtly, which wouldn’t have surprised or upset him. Life alone will lower one’s expectations of inclusion or even the most basic companionship, and Oaks approaches this encounter with no expectation of approval.

Neither Zain nor Beyza have rebuffed him and have, in their own ways, provided him a comfort. In spite of having drained his strength, Oaks finds himself intrigued and drawn to Zain, who is somehow fascinating even with his otherwise appalling appearance; Beyza both contrasts and equals the undead stallion with her beauty, stoicism, and general warmth even while remaining somewhat mysterious.

Oaks is thankful to have met them both, especially when Beyza holds true to her unspoken word and fortifies him with her magic. Where Zain’s power had chilled him and left him faint, lightheaded and weak, Beyza replaces it with a gentle, slow-spreading warmth. It touches him like a sunrise, steadily restoring life throughout his wearied muscles, and a clear deep breath fills his lungs.

As Zain begins to move out toward the more general plains and canyons of Pangea, Oaks recovers enough to lift his head, slowly resettling his wings onto his back. He pauses to share an appreciative smile and nod with Beyza, speechlessly thankful for her aid since, as he’d told her, he does not wish to fall behind. He hasn’t taken more than two steps to follow along, though, when Zain stops and poses a fresh question in response to Oaks’ former words.

The ghost-winged stallion hesitates, dropping his chin again with reservation. It shouldn’t be anything worthy of embarrassment, but he remains a bit shy of it all the same. “It’s just often been my experience that others seem to wither away when I’m too close,” he admits in a quieter voice, unwilling to meet their eyes despite his curiosity to see their reactions. “As if death follows me everywhere I go.” It’s certainly always been his assumption, anyway. He shuffles one wing as if in a shrug.

“But it doesn’t seem to be the case with you two.” Now his voice becomes somewhat more upbeat, still ignorant to the true workings of his power. “I’m very glad for that.” Another of his naive smiles touches his face. “I’d be happy to take a look around with you.”

@ Zain @ Beyza

The end~

Messages In This Thread
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Zain - 01-14-2024, 12:01 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Beyza - 01-15-2024, 01:15 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Oaks - 01-15-2024, 11:43 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Zain - 01-15-2024, 10:46 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Oaks - 01-17-2024, 12:07 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Beyza - 01-17-2024, 12:27 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Oaks - 01-17-2024, 06:42 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Zain - 01-17-2024, 11:11 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS - by Beyza - 01-27-2024, 09:31 PM