• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's me who's been making the bed
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

Everclear’s answer is reassuring, and Myrna glances over at him, her eyes meeting his with no small measure of gratitude in their blue-grey depths. It is difficult to imagine herself as someone that others might look up, though she supposes as she follows his gaze out to the hills that she has at least stayed, when few others have.

Perhaps that is enough.

She is content to listen to Everclear’s words as she takes in the beauty of the Gates, finding that they are as just as warming as the spring sun overhead. He’d been a good king, she decides, even knowing nothing of his reign. She is as sure of it as she is that the sky overhead is clear and blue.

“Thank you, Everclear.” She replies. “That means…” she trails off, uncertain how to best to capture the feeling that rises within her chest. “That means a lot.”

She has stayed, if only to be sure that one pair of eyes kept watch. In time, her watch will end, but for now she is glad enough that it will be shared. Myrna watches the flight of a pair of birds from the Mother Tree, and the smile on her pale lips has finally reached her eyes.

@ Everclear

Messages In This Thread
    it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:24 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-31-2024, 09:29 AM