• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A God's Creation

Ischia is gone.

The thoughts cause a pit in my stomach.  How could a place so beautiful and tranquil be gone?  What had happened in my absence to cause such a travesty?  But most importantly, what do I do now?  Where do I go, what do I do?  Perhaps not do so much as, belong.  I am not a creature of the land or sea solely, but a muddled existence somewhere in-between.  It was in my pool I felt most at home, but it is no more and now I must move on...

I allow the river to carry me inland.  Its currents sweeping me along with no energy spent on my part.  It allows my mind to wander in my thoughts below the surface of the waters.  Within those thoughts I consider my options.  Had Ischia been the only lands with interior water features?  It was the only area I had ever really explored, and I did not know what even remains of the other lands.

Around another bend in the riverway, I lift me head to peer above the water.  It is bright here and somewhat open.  The land looks to be a grassy plain and inviting at first sight.  It would do me some good to exercise my unused hind legs and explore.  My great finned tail flicks, harnessing the water and propelling me to shore.  As the water shallows my forelegs lift my front half and drag my finned tail along the river bottom.  Within a step or two my hind legs morph and I am standing on all fours once again.  My delicate face lowers to the waters and exhales a snort as water droplets trickle down my scales and lush ebony locks.  My reflection stares back at me with icy blue reptilian eyes.  I snort away the image, causing the water to ripple before I lift my head and move up the rivers bank.

My legs function somewhat easier as I traverse into the sea of green.  My ears swivel to each cricket chirp and bird song with curiosity and caution.  I do not move far from the rivers edge, but far enough that maybe I can see across the meadow and spot a blue pond. A new home. The sun warms my scaled pearlescent skin in a most satisfying way.  Like a lovers embrace it warms me from the outside in, calming me and giving me ease.  I stop my wanderings and simply drink in the warmth for a time.  My gaze shifts lazily about the land and I wonder just what I might find here.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Messages In This Thread
    A God's Creation - by Deiti - 02-17-2024, 03:42 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Claudia - 02-25-2024, 09:58 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 03-03-2024, 10:06 AM